Sunday, April 11, 2010

Noises Off-Right Before Thursday Night

Entry written on 2/5
Noises Off was last night. I'm so tired, although I've never complained about being exhausted before. Last night, after Act 2, one of my cast mates turned to me and said, "That was like a cardio workout." He was so right.
Before the show, I felt the nerves in my fingers, unlike everyone else who felt it in the pit of their stomachs. I cracked my knuckles several times trying to alleviate the tingly, nervous feeling. I didn't feel better until we did a relaxation and a warm up with Mr. Marr and Max. Following the relaxation was a secret Theatre South tradition led by seniors. As we started, a cast mate, who was also a junior, turned to me and said, "Why is that going to be us next year?" I gasped-we were almost seniors, and that's pretty weird. Shortly after that, we got into our Act 1 places. I was standing right outside the "kitchen" door as I waited for my cue to open the show. And there it was: the opening music and the ringing of the phone...and there the show began.

As I typed this entry, I could feel the nerves in my fingers, even though the show happened over 2 months ago. It's weird what a couple of adjectives can do to you...

No comments:

Post a Comment