Monday, January 18, 2010

School

School, I would often complain

Every day the work is all but the same

And the teachers – oh, they’re just overly mundane

One more day of it, I would surely become insane!

History lessons were by far the worst

Does it matter which President came to office first?

Why study the vast lands that Marco Polo traversed,

One more fact and my bulging brain will burst!

Learning is useless - surely, i have reason to doubt

School is something I definitely can do without.

Start of high school – a miracle occurred

Education no longer seemed so absurd

More clubs, harder tests, and longer words

A plethora of choices made school preferred.

Now school seems stimulating; to be here I am blessed

I realize my view was askew and now I attest

School is a place for students to rejoice and learn,

A day without school would surely be one of concern.

- David Lu

No comments:

Post a Comment