Sunday, October 24, 2010

What I have seen


What I have seen

I have seen many things in this world, both good and bad.
I have seen people fall and trip and people laughing about that, including me.

I have seen people of different ethnicities try singing Koreans songs and fail miserably.

I have seen people fight over the most stupid things, such has test grades.

I have seen people curse out each other, which was fun to watch.

I have seen a guy successfully do a 360 flip on his skateboard.
I have seen a little boy singing Britney Spears songs.

I have seen people struggling to reach their goal, and finally achieved it.

I have seen people laugh for no reason.

I have seen my friend opened his mouth to talk and a fly went in.

I have seen teachers curse.

I have seen a little kid, around 6 years old, smoke a cigarette.

I have seen my friend fart and blame it on me.

I have seen Neo and Morpheus jumping on top of trucks.

I have seen my friend try to do a dunk but hit his head on the pole.

I have seen my friend driving, driving more intensely than a roller coaster.

I have seen a person covered with white paint from head to toe in Manhattan, standing in a calm way.

I have seen so much TV that if I spent that time studying, I might have gone to Harvard by now.

I have seen people backstab their friends for the stupidest reasons.

I have seen many people better looking than actresses today.

I have seen my friend throw a slice of tomato, causing a food fight.
I have seen friendship or a relationship happen, the two most incredible things.

I have seen many things in this world, both good and bad.

Reflection on What I have seen

I thought about what to write for my poem as soon as Mr. D assigned the poem for homework. Poems were always my weakness and I was afraid I might not come up with anything until last minute. I was right! I honestly thought about what to write and I finally got the idea off from Mr. D on Sunday. One day, Mr. D told everyone to write a couple of stuff based on a topic. The first one was “I have seen…” and I thought I could use that somehow for my poem. I first thought of similar to Mr. D’s Belief System and realized that bother were almost identical. Disappointed and helpless, I went back to the notes. There, on my notebook, were all the key facts for my poem. I changed and added some stuff around and finally finished my poem. I tried to remember all the funny things I have seen in the past. Since I myself am not a funny person, I included funny images in my head. I also included some negative images because I do not live in a utopia where everything and everyone is good. Unfortunately bad things happen in this world. Also, I feel some sort of guilt because I did use first draft for my final draft.

Honestly, the final copy of my poem has nothing to do with my first draft, which I think is a bad thing. My final copy has nothing to do with my first draft. I guess my reason for not using my first draft was because I didn’t really like my first draft. When Mr. D assigned the poem for homework, I thought about using my first draft. The only thing was that my past is not that funny and it is hard to incorporate into a poem.

According to Mr. D’s reflection on Belief System, the poem took him a long time to finish his poem. It took me two days to think about a title. Then after that, it only took me a hour to finish my whole poem. This makes me wonder if I should have put more time and effort into my poem, but I do not know what else to include for my poem.

My favorite line is “I have seen friendship or a relationship happen, the two most incredible things.” Those two things are the best things I have seen in my life. In my opinion, nothing else could replace that.

No comments:

Post a Comment