Monday, December 1, 2008

For eve

For eve,
Lay your fingers upon mine, witness their intertwining grace.
As I study the lines on your face, that dance so elegantly to form a makeshift silhouette.
Let us gaze about the hour as but a mere distraction.
Confessingly, I've loved you, never have I broken.
I ask that you occupy my vacant heart, intentions to stay.
Living where life once took place.
When you dream, be it of us, eternally, rythmically.
Breathe in, to breathe me in, gentle inhalations of me, of you.
Remember, as I will never forget this promise I bid you, of my heart, in your hands.
And if this never recieves the honor of being witnessed by your deep eyes only
know that I am yours, evermore.

- Lindsey S.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the poem, Lindsey! Beautiful stuff. Is this from your Writer's Notebook? What's its inspiration? If you get a chance, including a "Writer's Statement" would really enhance the entry. See my entry below, "Graffitti Artist."

    ReplyDelete