Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Afternoon Naps

I didn't have any school work today,
To have this pleasure more often do I pray.
I came home, ate dinner, then laid to rest,
This is the kind of day I like best.
No numbers for math, no verbs for español,
No formulas for chem, no Shakespearian dialogue I don't know.
My afternoon naps are a required part of my day,
But waking up to loads of work is not okay.
I feel so renewed, my energy has been restored,
Waking up early tomorrow will be a chore.
I won't fall back asleep till 3 o'clock,
And my death-nap trap will remain locked.
Maybe I should go to sleep at a reasonable hour
So the next day at school wouldn't make me feel so sour.
I don't think that will happen anytime soon,
Until then, I'll have a date with my naps
Every afternoon.

:)

1 comment: