Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Cinematic Poetry

You're tearing me apart.
Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.
I wish I knew how to quit you.
You want the moon?
Just say the word,
and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down.
I ain't so tough.

You always said you could shoot.
I never believed you.
So I got that going for me,
which is nice.
Round up the usual suspects;
if they move, kill em'.
They're not gonna catch us,
we're on a mission from God.

Houston, we have a problem.
Snap out of it.
You're gonna need a bigger boat.
Go ahead, make my day.
I'll be back.
I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.

So here's looking at you kid.
Make your life extroadinary.
-Alison G.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea for a poem, Alison! Thanks for contributing to the gallery.

    I love the pic from Casablanca. (We just watched that in my film studies class, btw). How many movies are alluded to in your poem?

    ReplyDelete