Sunday, January 16, 2011

Reflection on DoaS project

Ben Nahmani

As soon as we got the project Taylor, Brian, and I immediately started blurting out ideas. When we finally settled in on one idea. We began to work on it. Our first idea was to rewrite key parts of the play when Willy is shown to be suffering, but instead make it so that everything is the exact opposite. Where Willy is jealous of Charlie, we would make it that Charlie would be jealous of Willy. Where Bernard was outsmarting Biff, we would make it that biff was more intelligent then Bernard was. We began writing down all of our ideas, when we came up with an even better one.

We decided to write about what would happen (in our heads) in Death of a Salesman if the Loman family received the life insurance check in the mail after Willy’s death. We wanted to make it so that they get the $20,000 and really change their lives around. We wanted biff and happy to open up their sporting goods store and be able to show it off the everyone. We wanted biff and happy to make both of their parents proud…

My role in the group was to help write the script with everyone and play the part of Biff when we act it out in class. I would like to say I was the MVP because I felt as though I came up with most of the ideas but I have to hand it to Taylor, because she was writing all of them down and even went the extra mile and typed it all up edited and re-edited it printed it all out and had a smile on her face the whole way through.

Although I wasn’t the MVP, I was still the “group leader” in that I was the glue between Taylor and Brian. I kept us on track and made sure we got all of our work done. We were inspired by Mr. Daszenski as well the exceptional way he pronounces vocabulary words. Words such as “gauche” (pronounced gosh). It’s easy to say I learned the meaning of this word as well as others because I would inculcate them to myself with flash cards I made.

I think our project is a perfect success because it came out exactly as I had hoped. It shows a continuation of a story… a happy ending with humor as well as Mr. Daszenski who plays Willy (for a line but a really important one). Next time I would work on our project even more then we already did because I feel as though it could have been even better or at least longer.

I will be working out of my comfort zone by acting in front on the class because as outgoing as I may be I still have some serious stage fright. I think that I will be fin acting out in front of the class because I am used to the kids in the class and they all have t come up and present as well. I hope it won’t be too much of a challenge because I haven’t done the hard part o my assignment but I am sure it will all be fine…

No comments:

Post a Comment