Monday, May 31, 2010

March Time

Wrongly imprisoned Roman Polanski’s thriller

Introducing… exploration

Rags-to-riches career

Journalist poses---


Neo-nazi mutant killer snowman

Liberation of a Lonely Liverpool Housewife

Dabbling in the BLACK…


1930s style extravaganza

Battles female robot

Inspired by a muse- (uneven satire)

Post apocalyptic?


Evil mermaid in a toothless fantasy

The next generation reveals incoherent humor

The Irish rallied the World open


The Golden Gate to the Bermuda tRi∆NgLe

Lost City of a gladiator graveyard

Secrets of the dead wings at war


Frustrated cashier.

DUPED! Into being repo

Men in Hemingway’s story!?!?


Reflection:


As I read this, I can only begin to think how this poem makes sense? What really is going on here that so few people know? Hopefully my explanation will be understandable as to how I came to this position. The purpose of a found poem is to take my interpretation of a text, in this case, a TV Listing from March 2nd, and be able to carve up something out of it. I was able to extract words and phrases that I enjoyed or that amused me, and hopefully those words that were extremely stellar were able to make the cut into the final draft of the poem. Found poems are for total and complete joy. They are actually quite simple and easy to write. This poem actually when read independently make no sense whatsoever but if the poem is read aloud and with emphasis, there can be a clear deliverance of the understanding of the poem. When I had written this piece I was able to understand that poetry does not have to have any rhyme or reason. The more random it is, the better. For things of a minimum similarity to come together like that make this poem really special. I had difficult writing this poem in respect that it is extremely hard to take ideas from Roman Polanski’s thriller all the way to Bermuda Triangle. The way that these are able to fit together make the poem that much more interesting to read. The tone of my poem is that very similar to a children’s story. Simple two or three word lines that make up a scene, and when the stanza is completed, a scene in a picture book is mapped out. I am very pleased the way my poem turned out. I was really glad to be able to convey my message across of randomness but also portraying a story. This poem can be perceived that it took no work, or very hard work. But that doesn’t matter, the fact that it is entertaining to others is an imperative aspect of poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment