Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My found poem: Next Blog>>

Next Blog>>
The sacred spot.
The rest are just thoughts and images-the death of a salesman.
Hatred. Sometimes lost, I say farewell.
But it sure makes you think-that has been loyal. (Pause)
An incredibly blessed life. (Pause)
We can all rest. (Pause)
I wish...which grows on trees

Reflection
This incredibly short piece of writing comes from, as you may guess, the class blog. My original intention was to actually copy words off the class website, but when I couldn't find anything, the blog seemed like a logical next choice. This found poem contains one set of words from every blog on the page (including the next blog button on the top), ranging from the Thursday, April 15th blog of "Track" to my Sunday, April 11th blog of "I _pologiz_ for _ny b_d gr_mm_r". I'd probably have to say that I began my thoughts on what to use for this found poem when I was thinking about the time Mr. Daszenski had told me on a previous assignment not to start with "When Mr. Daszenski gave me this assignment...", and I decided to start with "It all started when Mr. Daszenski told me not to start with "When Mr. Daszenski gave me this assignment...".". (actually true).
Anyway, now I'm going to have to be honest and say that i didn't actually put that much work into this assignment. When I finish, I probably will have been working for maybe a bit more than an hour. It's not that I'm being lazy or anything - I had a six hour chemistry test today (Sunday), and have been busy preparing for it. But enough with the excueses! Moving on, I would like to say that I followed the found poem rules very closely. Not only did it not make sense, but everything exactly in the order I found it, with only some added punctuation. Looking back on the poem, it sounds like you have just been on a long journey, and you're tired, but still hopeful. I would say long journey, because it sounds reflective (but it makes you think), (I say farewell). Tired is clearly from the line (We can all rest). Hopeful comes from the last line (I wish...which grows on trees). I don't know what it means however-it's designed not to make sense. Finally, I would like to say that my method for structuring my poem was as follows: take lines from the blog entries, and give each its own line, except for where two lines would sound better side by side (some were even chosen to go side by side). Also, the title is just to give you an idea of where my found poem comes from. (I wonder how long it would take if I left out the title before someone figures it out?)
**This may have taken as long to put up as the original assignment took to write - that makes no sense whatsoever...

No comments:

Post a Comment