Saturday, June 5, 2010

Found Poem

Obstacles to overcome
Changes to implement
Quickly ahead
The tempest steps
east
north
west
south
Inquirer directions
Increase work quality
Events current
Loves Living

A Reflection on Directions
People always need directions; just like directions about a found poem. A found poem is when you take existing texts and refashion them, reorder them, and present them as poems. At first I was very confused about how this would make a poem but I followed the directions. I got a grammar sheet, and I had to fine words that draw my attention.
It was very difficult to fine words since a lot of the words did not draw my attention. On the other hand, the easy part was making a poem that makes no sense and also the easy part was putting it all together. My found poem has strong word in it and words that have to do with directions. The tone of my poem is kinda confusing and shocking in the way that you feel really confused. I trying making the poem make sense but it was to hard so I just made it make no sense. What my poem says is that when there are problems, you have to be very shrewd and find the directions to start loving to live.
I followed that ruled to the point I think, I did not add any extraneous words, it sounds good, the words were in order and all dead words were removed. I am very pleased with my poem, it turned out better than I thought. Since when I first got the project I thought it would be a debacle but it turned out to be really good. I like the opening line of my found poem, obstacles to overcome, since every person deals with problems to overcome. One part that I don’t like is that, I could not find more words to use in my found poem.
A found poem is like a thought, people have a thought and then they take things from the thought and make it into an idea. This is the same thing with a found poem, we start with a piece of writing and take words for the writing, turn it into a poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment