Thursday, December 10, 2009

How to Feel

I was once alone.
Dreaming, I'd put on my headset and
play the same song so long
that I'd forget the world
and
forget
how to feel.

Then, I met you.
Saw me with my music and
took off my headphones
just to say
hi.

We were together
friends or lovers
I no longer know.

I had come to love you
because
I loved your hatred
your anger
your pain.

I had come to love you
because
I loved your love
your joy
your warmth.

You were my radio channel
to the world.
I learned to feel again
because of you.

Then,
after a time,
I could no longer feel you
your anger
your joy.

And then, you could no longer tell
when I was angry
when I was alone
when I needed you.

Now I put on my headphones and
play the same song so long
to try and forget
how to feel.

-S.S. (Lisa L.)

No comments:

Post a Comment